"He who does not mind his belly will hardly mind anything
Mind Caviar, Vol. I Spring Issue, 2000
A Sweet Treat to Follow Santa
Cool, smooth and creamy: one taste and you'll be picturing yourself and your lover lying under palm trees on a tropical beach. There's no better way to cool off your tastebuds after a spicy meal than Flan de Coco. Prepare this dessert in advance, to give it time to cool before you feed it to your awestruck sweetheart. You'll deserve a big, long kiss after serving this treat.
1 cup of sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Caramelize a round 8 X 3 inch aluminum pan (without tube) by melting 1 cup sugar, by slowly heating it over a stove burner, in the pan until it is a light golden color.
3. Blend the cream of coconut, the condensed milk, the milk and the salt in an electric blender.
4. In a separate bowl, break the eggs with a fork, without beating them, just enough to mix the yolks and whites. Add the blended ingredients slowly and mix. Pour the mixture through a strainer into the caramelized pan.
5. Set the pan into a large shallow baking dish containing about 1 inch of hot water and bake for about 1 hour, until the flan is set and golden in color. Remove pan from the water bath.
6. Allow to cool on a wire rack. Cover, and set in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, turn the custard onto platter and slice. Feed luscious bites to your lover in between sighs, coconut-flavored kisses and caramel compliments.
Copyright © 2000 Violet Skye. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 2000 Mind Caviar. All rights reserved. Mind Caviar is a trademark of Two Blondes Productions.